Mike Higgins, Jr. is a partner in the firm of Mike Higgins & Associates (MHA). His consultants work with clients in the financial services industry. His primary areas of focus are performance management, performance-based compensation, board education and strategic financial planning. His firm also performs outsourced asset-liability management and conducts interest rate risk reviews for both banks and credit unions nationally.
Since 1998, Mike has worked with over 300 community-sized credit unions and banks. Mike has presented his contemporary approach to managing performance to numerous state and national associations. He coauthored the book Performance Compensation for Stakeholders: 14 Prerequisites for Success.
Prior to joining MHA, Mike was a consultant at Deloitte. His areas of focus were business process design and information technology. During his tenure at Deloitte, Mike worked with clients in the financial services, retail, manufacturing, logistics, aerospace and defense, and state government sectors.
Mike received his MBA from the University of Kansas and an undergraduate degree in finance from Nebraska Wesleyan University (NWU). While at NWU, Mike was an Academic All-American and was inducted into the NWU Athletic Hall of Fame.
Mike is also a founding investor in Pacific Enterprise Bank which is headquartered in Irvine, CA.
- Credit Union Strategic Growth and Budgeting (Filene Research Institute)
- Improving Peer Group Analysis for Credit Unions (Filene Research Institute)
Speaking / Consulting Topics
- Improving Benchmarking for Credit Unions
- Credit Union Sustainability: A long term model for success.
- Under the Sheets: What’s hidden in your financial statements?
- Managing and Compensating Performance: A blueprint for success